Southern Company Recruiter, Consultant in Atlanta, Georgia
Please note this position is being posted as a job family and can be hired at either a Recruiter, Consultant or Sr. Recruiter level depending on experience.
The Southern Company Talent Acquisition organization is seeking to hire a highly professional, fast-paced, well-organized, full-time Recruiter. Your success in this role will depend upon your passion around full-life cycle recruitment while emphasizing a positive candidate and hiring manager experience, your strong recruiting experience in a high-volume environment, your ability to consult with hiring managers to help them solve complex recruitment challenges, your ability to source and identify talent and your competence in matching great talent.
Core skills of a recruiter include :
• Salesperson / Company spokesperson: ability to communicate company strategy, business plan, structure and point of view on key business topics to prospective candidates.
• Candidate Relationship Management: establish relationships with candidates through appropriate correspondence.
• Internal/External Client Relationship Management: establish and maintain effective relationships with hiring managers through strong consultative skills, expertise of external labor markets and best practice sharing.
• Project Management: ability to plan, organize, track and deliver results by leveraging others and personal initiative.
• Core Recruiting Skill Set: source, screen, and interview candidates for open positions.
The Recruiting Consultant is responsible for providing the highest level of recruiting services to a variety of business units. These services include recruiting and sourcing strategy development and implementation to meet business needs; sourcing, screening and hiring of internal and external candidates; and consultations with managers, supervisors, and Human Resources partners around high volume staffing and recruiting . A high degree of creativity, short and long term recruiting vision, business understanding, and personal organization is required.
This position will be located at Southern Company Gas Headquarters in Atlanta, GA.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Maintain ownership of the full-life cycle recruitment process and hiring expectations.
• Build strong relationships with the various line and functional clients to ensure the ability to influence, guide and drive the recruiting process.
• Work closely with Hiring Managers and HR partners to meet hiring needs and ensure that hiring is consistent with business goals; increase candidate flow and develop strategic solutions that will attract and acquire high quality, diverse candidates.
• Evaluate candidate backgrounds to match core competencies with key hiring requirements and assess fit.
• Advance and execute against creative sourcing techniques for a range of positions from skilled labor to manager level positions; techniques include direct sourcing, internet recruiting, networking, utilization of external research, etc.
• Integrate diversity into the sourcing and recruiting process.
• Build and maintain a competitive intelligence database qualifying and extracting information from multiple sources to create a candidate pipeline for current and future hiring needs.
• Implement an efficient and cost effective staffing model with an appropriate mix of internal and external talent.
• Maintain compliance requirements for applicant tracking system.
• Participate and lead career awareness events such as career fairs, informational sessions and interview preparation programs with local community groups, Technical Colleges and military bases.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Communications, Marketing or related discipline preferred.
• Recruiting experience with demonstrated knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies including direct sourcing, selection techniques and diversity recruiting in addition to excellent consultative, strategic thinking, problem solving, influential and interpersonal skills.
• Prior work experience in a fast paced environment with high volume transactions and management of multiple projects simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to engage, consult and partner with both external and internal clients.
• Experience working with computer-based tracking systems.
• Previous participation in Military recruiting events, technical colleges and community at-large recruiting events.
• Online database mining for candidate leads and sourcing.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge in full-life cycle recruiting components, including but not limited to, sourcing, internet applicants, social networking, legal/compliance, wage and salary trends, and relationship management.
• Demonstrated ability to cultivate strong business relationships with hiring managers and HR partners in the development of strategies, leveraging market intelligence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with industry leaders, vendors, and community organizations, with proven ability to effectively network.
• Knowledge and extensive past experience with implementing workforce strategies and understanding workforce plans.
• Ability to develop, deliver, and execute multiple sourcing plans for a variety of positions, including exempt, non-exempt and skilled labor.
• Ability to determine a candidate's viability for a position based on their work experiences, behavioral attributes, and overall fit for the organization.
• Ability to effectively manage the offer process, including providing salary recommendations, handling offer negotiations, and closing the deal.
• Demonstrated ability to recruit for a broad range of positions in a high volume environment.
• Ability to develop diverse candidate pools through appropriate sourcing strategies and effective deployment.
• Strong project management experience.
• Effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills to properly interface with all levels within the company.
• Ability to professionally develop, deliver, and present new recruiting concepts to leadership and technical communities.
• Solid and highly effective candidate sourcing and screening ability, including utilization of internet search tools and techniques.
• Effective time management and prioritization skills, resulting in effective and efficient results and outcomes.
• Ability to interpret market trends and adjust recruitment strategies as needed in response to changes in the environment.
• Strong marketing, selling and negotiation skills.
• Must constantly remain focused on personal and job safety as a top priority.
• Demonstrated passion and "sales" approach to recruiting.
• Customer focused.
• Self-directed with strong initiative.
• Willingness to do what it takes to deliver results.
• Detail oriented.
• Flexible, open to change, and adaptable.
• Respectfully and appropriately challenges the status quo.
• Must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's values of unquestionable trust, superior performance and total commitment.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Human Resources
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2000670