Southern Company Energy Efficiency Implementation Manager in Atlanta, Georgia
Energy Efficiency Implementation Manager
EE Implementation Manager - (Customer Solutions)
Please Note; This position will require you to be onsite at 241 Ralph McGill Blvd, Atlanta, GA a MINIMUM of three (3) days per week or 12 days per month, and/or as required.
** Travel both in state and nationally will be required.
DESCRIPTION/ JOB SUMMARY
The Energy Efficiency Implementation Manager is responsible for the implementation of all Residential and Commercial energy efficiency programs statewide for the Company. The job exists to provide leadership, vision, strategic direction, goal setting and allocation and overall management of the implementation of efficiency programs for the entire state.
This position is responsible for the selection and management of third party implementors. It also manages the budget for implementation of the company’s DSM programs. This position provides support for the Energy Efficiency Strategy Manager as it relates to the relationship with the Georgia Public Service Commission.
• Undergraduate degree preferred
• Minimum five years’ experience in utility sponsored programs with some experience in program management of marketing programs required
• Experience with regulatory processes and procedures preferred
• Program cost accounting skills, program marketing skills, and program economic analysis skills preferred
• Previous sales experience with residential and commercial customers preferred
• Excellent communication skills to internal and external audiences required
• Ability to function effectively in a fast paced, continuously changing and highly stressful environment is required
• Strong relationship and team leadership skills required, experience managing managers preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products required
• Vendor management experience required
• Experience in external vendor selection and leading Request for Proposals preferred
• Knowledge of GPC Energy Efficiency programs required
• Travel in-state and nationally required
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Management Responsibilities – Overall leadership responsibilities for the Commission approved energy efficiency and demand-side management programs and management responsibility for a highly experienced staff of program managers and support representatives.
These responsibilities will include:
• Manage program implementation and operational plan development
• Program staffing – Develop overall strategy for implementing programs through in-house staffing, contractor staffing, or both for all residential and commercial implementation teams
• Contractor selection and management across all certified DSM programs for third-party implementers
• Program implementation – Drive market penetration levels necessary to meet Company and regulatory goals, as well as work with peer management to offer bundled solutions for customers
• Program results and evaluations – Partner with the Energy Efficiency Design and Evaluation Team to evaluate and track all program performance metrics (participation levels, energy and demand savings, program costs and cost effectiveness results), delivering on Commission approved savings targets
• IRP development – Lead Implementation teams in support of the strategy and development of the DSM plan for the IRP filing developed every three years and manage any interim updates
• Lead team goals regarding diversity within our contractor network for program implementation
• Be a Champion for the Customer
• Able to effectively lead a diverse work group and create an engaging work environment by communicating a compelling vision that inspires and motivates others to achieve desired goals
• Proactively support the Company’s Moving to Equity strategy and goals
• Possess a clear strategic perspective, able to provide their leadership team with a definite sense of direction and purpose, connecting the overall picture with the details of day-to-day activities
• Able to stimulate ideas, creativity, and innovation from leadership team and employees, creating a safe environment to challenge the status quo
• Seen as a trusted leader due to depth of expertise and knowledge, confidence, decision-making skills, ability, consistency, honesty, and integrity
• Ability to set challenging and meaningful goals, provide timely and candid feedback, and courageously address performance issues quickly
• Resolve conflicts and make the hard decisions promptly and correctly
• Build and establish effective relationships/partnerships inside Customer Strategy & Solutions, across functional boundaries and externally to engage the entire company to achieve program goals
• Promote a high level of cooperation between their work groups and other groups to create a positive and productive atmosphere in the organization
• Drive team to develop new skills and abilities. Support employee development by creating a learning environment in which people are encouraged to learn from mistakes and analyze successes
• Ability to effectively manage and lead change in a dynamic business environment
• Models all aspects of Our Values and Safety Excellence behaviors
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Georgia Power is the largest electric subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America's premier energy company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the Company's promise to 2.6 million customers in all but four of Georgia's 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the Company is consistently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeorgiaPower.com and connect with the Company on Facebook (Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower), Twitter (Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower) and Instagram (Instagram.com/ga_power).
Southern Company (NYSE: SO ) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Sales & Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Georgia Power Company
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Georgia Power Headquarters - 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
Req ID: GPC2009608