Build a bright future with a Southern Company career.
Southern Company IT Analyst – Windows Systems in Atlanta, Georgia
IT Analyst – Windows Systems
JOB SUMMARY :
This position is responsible for engineering, implementing, and supporting Windows server platforms, Windows operating systems and related system software such as Active Directory, OSD, DFS, Microsoft Clustering, Hyper-V, etc. This is a 7x24x365 support organization and some after-hours work is required.
· BS/BA in Computer Science or MIS is desired or equivalent work experience
· Strong experience and knowledge of Windows server hardware platforms and other components (CPU, clusters, storage area networks, disk and tape arrays.)
· Strong experience and knowledge of Windows server operating systems
· Solid foundational knowledge of Hyper V and VMware environments
· Strong experience and knowledge of Dell hardware
· Working knowledge of Active Directory, DFS, DNS, DHCP
· Demonstrated knowledge of scripting for automation, PowerShell is a plus
· Basic knowledge of compliance and security policies
· Ability to provide support for the implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Operating Systems on virtual and physical platforms.
· General knowledge of Southern Company's core business
· General knowledge of information technologies (those currently used within the system and new technologies)
· Ability to effectively organize tasks, manage multiple priorities/details, meet schedules, and deliver on customer commitments.
· High initiative
· Ability to negotiate with and influence others - internally as well as vendors
· Ability to build relationships and work in a team atmosphere as well as work independently
· Ability to provide and accept feedback
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Demonstrate Our Values: Safety First, Unquestionable trust, Superior Performance, and Total Commitment
· Professional oral and written communication skills
· Understanding of how activities impact function budget
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Engineering, installation and maintenance of Windows server hardware and operating systems.
· Engineering and Administration of Windows systems and software in large scale, cross functional deployments
· Provide second-level support to other areas both within and outside of IT.
· Follow standard processes for hardware, software and project completion, problem resolution and change management.
· Provide full life-cycle management for servers and system software.
· Diagnose and resolve problems to meet service level expectations.
· Participate in departmental initiatives.
· Communicate progress, problems, and best practices to management, leads and teammates.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities
Southern Company (NYSE: SO ) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com .
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Information Technology
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Services
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Georgia Power Headquarters - 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
Req ID: SCS2011667