Southern Company Mgr,Measurement Validation in Atlanta, Georgia
The purpose of this position is to manage staff responsible for providing analytical support to the Measurement & Real-time Controls department by ensuring real-time measurement data is validated and properly assimilated to dependent systems such as SCADA Historian, Meter History, GMAS, MV90, CC&B, and GOS. Position is accountable for the complete investigations into any incomplete or missing measurement data for root cause and ensures corrective action is taken to rectify issue. Monitors service level agreements and departmental metrics and takes accountability for achieving each goal. Potential to manage Measurement Department related AMI/AMR workload. Ensures reports generated from Gas Operations real-time systems used by other departments such as Accounting, Billing, and Regulatory are accurate. Ensures staff follows all SOX procedures and practices concerning measurement data validation. Accountable for department O&M budget adherence and provides explanation for variances.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Ability to manage processes and staff required to review, analyze and validate daily AMR large meter measurement data for interruptible/transportation/special rate customers using Gas Measurement Accounting System(GMAS) and MV90 1
• Ability to manage processes and staff required to review, analyze and validate pipeline supplier’s delivered volumes against internal SCADA volumes; investigate and take corrective action against variances
• Understands and manages the closeout process for mid-month and EOM supply volumes using GAS Measurement Accounting System (GMAS) and Gas Operating System (GOS)
• Ability to work closely with pipeline suppliers as well as large end-use gas customers to reconcile measurement data issues and billing discrepancies
• Understanding of Company budget processes and the ability to develop annual budgetary goals for department using work drives, previous spend history, and cash optimization tools
• Reviews real-time system reports containing measurement data used by external as well as internal customers for accuracy
• Ability to manage both staff and business process to ensure service agreement standards and metrics are achieved
• Good understanding of gas measurement accounting systems; researches and recommends software related solutions to meet business objectives
• Understands accounting rules and standards and implements in supporting business deliverables
• Accountable for coaching, developing and providing performance feedback to staff to ensure maximum productivity
• Works closely with accounting and billing departments to ensure the most accurate volume data is represented
• Develops relationship with field measurement supervision to ensure quick and timely response to data integrity issues
• Works closely with Gas Control to ensure time updates and correction to SCADA system volumes are performed according to business requirements
• Manages staff of Measurement Analysts to ensure performance meets expectations
• Manages to departmental budget expectations
• Monitors performance against established service level, quality and productivity metrics and manages performance gaps.
• Ensures service level and measurement deliverables for internal and external customers
8 years of LDC operations experience
5 years experience in the Analytical/Accounting discipline
Related Work Experience:
2 years experience managing and/or supervising employees.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
Demonstrated ability to manage teams
Demonstrated ability to manage departmental strategies and achieve set goals
Strong skill in analyzing data using spreadsheets and databases
High skill level using Microsoft EXCEL and ACCESS
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Some travel; works in an office environment
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Gas Pipeline Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Illinois-Metro Chicago-Glen Ellyn
Operating Company: Nicor Gas
Other Locations: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Glen Ellyn - 90 N Finley Rd. (90GlenEllynCODE)
90 N Finley Rd.
Glen Ellyn, 60137
Southern Company Gas Headquarters (10Atlanta)
10 Peachtree Place
Req ID: GAS2000951