Southern Company Specialist, Digital Content in Atlanta, Georgia
Specialist, Digital Content
Responsible for updating and maintaining content on the company’s websites. Supports external communications team through execution and evaluation of digital communications content and user experience. Analyzes digital communications content effectiveness and makes recommendations based on the data.
Job Responsibilities & Accountabilities by Competency
• Contributes to the effectiveness of the company’s digital communication strategies including websites, newsletters and social media by executing on content inclusion and updates.
• Proofreads and edits digital communications in support of external communication initiatives.
• Executes on digital communication schedules and project plans for specific external communication initiatives
• Utilizes analysis tools to measure the effectiveness of digital communications.
• Other duties as assigned
• Works closely with external communications team to ensure timely execution of content across digital communications mediums.
• Serves as digital communications analyst.
• Works with external communications to deliver on digital communication initiatives for the business units in a fashion that is consistent with corporate guidelines.
• Role modeling honesty, respect, organizational values and fairness towards all.
• Monitors progress against metrics/deliverables; holds self & others accountable for results
• Develops, tracks and reports on success metrics that demonstrate the value of digital communications relative to corporate and business unit objectives
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Communications or similar combination of education and experience maybe acceptable
Related Work Experience:
Required: Minimum three years in digital communications, with a significant portion of that time spent supporting website content through content management systems and using Google Analytics or other marketing analytics tools.
Preferred: Energy industry experience valuable
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
Required: Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools including Word, PowerPoint, Excel; content management systems and digital communication analytics tools.
• Very strong written communication and project management skills
• Strong ability to analyze communication effectiveness and make recommendations based on data.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Basic knowledge of HTML, Adobe AEM, and Sitecore
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Occasional Traveler (5-20% travel): The incumbent will be required to travel on occasion. Trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay away from home for one or more nights.
• The incumbent works in an office environment.
This information describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this job. The description is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities and qualifications required in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified disabled individuals for performance of essential duties and responsibilities.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Communications & External Affairs
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Operating Company: Southern Company Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
AGLR Corporate Office - 10 Peachtree Place NE (10AtlantaCODE)
10 Peachtree Place NE
Req ID: GAS2001332