Southern Company Nuclear Maintenance Plant Instructor Lead - Plant Hatch in Baxley, Georgia
Nuclear Maintenance Plant Instructor Lead - Plant Hatch
Nuclear Maintenance Plant Instructor Lead – Plant Hatch
If you want to make an impact, then we want YOU!
Want to use your skills to make a difference in your community every single day? Then join the Southern Nuclear team that’s improving the lives of our neighbors in Alabama and Georgia. We operate six units for Alabama Power and Georgia Power that generate vital energy for our communities:
· The Joseph M. Farley Nuclear Plant near Dothan, Ala.
· The Edwin I. Hatch Nuclear Plant near Baxley, Ga.
· The Alvin W. Vogtle Electric Generating Plant near Waynesboro, Ga.
We’re also building the future of energy with two new nuclear units currently under construction at Plant Vogtle. And we’re leading the charge on the research and development of the next generation of nuclear reactors – all for the benefit of our customers.
Thanks to our people, we’ve earned our place as an energy leader. If YOU want to want make a positive impact in your community and be part of the team that’s taking our industry to new levels of excellence, then we want YOU!
The Nuclear Maintenance Plant Instructor Lead is responsible for the oversight and conduct of the Maintenance Training programs at SNC Plant Hatch.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent desirable
• A total of six (6) years of power plant experience of which a minimum of three (3) years is commercial nuclear power plant experience is required
• Commercial Nuclear Training experience is required
• Knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT) process is required
• Completion of INPO Instructor Certification Program (ICP) desirable - The program includes individual, self-paced training at the station using distance learning materials, followed by a three-day session at INPO or a utility site.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Providing oversight for the conduct of all initial and continuing maintenance training programs
• Ensure the Maintenance Training program durations are aligned to industry best
• Ensure the Maintenance Training program qualification structures are streamlined and effective
• Leading the site’s Maintenance Training instructors to close gaps to excellence
• Ensuring Maintenance Training programs are accredited
• Fill a designated position in the Emergency Response Organization
Southern Nuclear's highest priority is the safe and reliable operation of our current fleet. As candidates from Southern Nuclear are considered for interview and selection, management will ensure that such decisions are made in the best interest of the entire fleet, with a focus on maintaining the proper staffing levels for our six operating units.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Power Plant Operations & Maintenance
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-Central Georgia-Baxley
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Hatch - 11028 Hatch Parkway, North (11028BAXLEY)
11028 Hatch Parkway, North
Req ID: SNC2005778