Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
Grade: 5 or 6
Location: GPC HQ or APC HQ or APC Energy Center
Have you made a career out of staying one step ahead of thoughtful and well-resourced cyber adversaries through your own initiative, resourcefulness, and critical thinking skills?
A leading US energy company is seeking a cybersecurity expert to join our existing Cyber Threat Intelligence team. The candidate will directly support the company’s efforts to address real and potential cyber threats to the company’s facilities, personnel, technology, operations, and brand. Keeping the lights on is literally what we endeavor to do every day!
Southern Company is looking for a junior analyst with experience in investigating and prioritizing response to cyber threats in collaboration with the larger Security Operations Center. The team works on proactively understanding the global threat landscape as it manifests on our networks and against our operational assets, informing the company in its responses to these threats. The team works across all business units on the most challenging, complicated, and persistent security risks the company is facing.
The perfect candidate will have a cybersecurity background, with experience in cyber threat analysis and technology platforms used in commercial Security Operations Centers (SOCs). Highly qualified candidates will possess a professional understanding of nation state operations and motivations and will have previously worked at a multinational company. The successful candidate must be focused on results and a self-starter.
• Work with the intel analysts to understand their requirements, modeling of cyber threats, operationalize the model and correlate to existing data
• Support implementation of new feed sources in EclecticIQ threat intelligence platform
• Work with vendors on issues encountered during initial implementation and on future support issues
• Support implementation of standardized data collection and data use across the intel team
• Support implementation of automation ideas as proposed by the team
• Support implementation of honeypot technologies for intelligence collection
• Support Cyber Threat Intelligence Architect in planning and executing projects, analyzing needs and recommending solutions
• Utilize technologies for cataloging external intelligence, correlating with internal intelligence, and working with SOC to mitigate active threats
• Support implementation of proper documentation and process improvement across all cyber threat intelligence workflows and products
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Some experience leveraging security event information from existing sources to answer intelligence questions
• Some experience implementing automations through scripting or other code development
• Prior analysis of activity involving nation state, sophisticated criminal, and supply chain threats
• Desire to continue advancing scripting and coding skills as needed
• Desire to configure Cortex XSOAR automation and ticketing platform for SOC operations
• Desire to configure threat intelligence platforms, specifically EclecticIQ
• Demonstrated capability to prioritize and delegate tasks with oversight from senior staff
• Must be willing to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance
• Basic knowledge of security principles is desired through achievement of security certifications such as CISSP, GSEC, GCTI, GCIH, OSCP
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is a leading energy provider serving 9 million residential and commercial customers across the Southeast and beyond through its family of companies. Providing clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy with excellent service is our mission. The company has electric operating companies in three states, natural gas distribution companies in four states, a competitive generation company, a leading distributed energy infrastructure company with national capabilities, a fiber optics network, and telecommunications services. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, resilience, and sustainability, we are taking action to meet our customers’ and communities’ needs while advancing our commitment to net zero emissions by 2050. Our uncompromising values ensure we put the needs of those we serve at the center of everything we do and are the key to our sustained success. We are transforming energy into economic, environmental and social progress for tomorrow. Our corporate culture and hiring practices have earned the company national awards and recognition from numerous organizations, including Forbes, Military Times, DiversityInc, Black Enterprise, J.D. Power, Fortune, Human Rights Campaign and more. To learn more, visit www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Identification: 3216
Job Category: Information Technology
Job Schedule: Full time
Company: Southern Company Services