Southern Company Program Manager (Birmingham, Atlanta) in Birmingham, Alabama
Program Manager (Birmingham, Atlanta)
Incumbents for this position are those who possess high technical expertise, advanced knowledge in a particular application, technology field, high demand specialty or highly complex business area. This position is a senior-level principal position within the PMO with overall responsibility for the management of a highly complex or enterprise-wide program consisting of multiple projects. Responsible for managing all aspects of the design, development, and implementation of the program. Provides daily work direction and mentors a team of project managers and/or other project management staff for a program with 2–6 projects. Ensures integration of the various projects in the program and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business. Interfaces directly with all levels of leadership to manage and communicate program strategy, governance structure, status, and any changes to the program. Responsible for delivering all projects contained in the program on time, within budget, and in alignment with the defined scope and business requirements. Responsible for tracking key program and project milestones and recommending adjustments to the responsible project managers.
· Bachelors degree in related field highly desirable
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
· Program Management Professional (PgPM) certification preferred
· Possess high technical expertise, advanced knowledge in a particular application, field or high demand specialty (i.e. CIP, Data Center Build, Technology Construction, etc.) that is critical in managing a highly complex or enterprise-wide Program
· Program management experience required
· A minimum of 10 years of experience managing multiple high complexity projects in a matrix resource environment, working with diverse project sponsors across multiple business units
· Experience influencing and managing project teams without formal direct reporting relationships
· Experience managing large scale application development programs
· High-level understanding of activities required to design, implement, test and adopt transformational application solutions
· Comprehensive knowledge of PMI based project management competency areas and methodologies and experience applying these methods to manage successful projects
· Proven leadership in managing multi-company, cross-functional teams and/or projects
· Experience collaborating and directing vendor activities for large scale programs
· Analytical skills are required to effectively manage activities related to budgeting, forecasting, monitoring, process management, risk management, quality control, and reporting
· Proven ability and determination to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
· Strong oral and written communication skills and experience, leveraging these skills to interact with all levels of management
· Effective interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain system-wide and external relationships
· Strong negotiation and influencing skills
· High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Project
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Lead and provide work direction to a team of project managers and business leaders to determine program scope, devise and maintain a workable plan, and to develop and deploy the solution in accordance with the needs of the program.
· Serve as a communication clearing house for all formal program status reporting
· Assess dependencies amongst the projects in the program and monitor the progress of projects to ensure continuous alignment with program objectives
· Develop and maintain all program deliverables throughout the program lifecycle and review the deliverables of the project managers on the program
· Identify program risk, develop a risk management plan and actively manage risk throughout the program lifecycle
· Identify and communicate the collective resource requirements of the program and work with responsible managers on the development and maintenance of a resource plan
· Manage interaction between the customer, vendors, and the internal project team members to ensure that appropriate relationships exist to produce positive program and project outcomes
· Develop and manage the governance structure and change control process for the program.
· Responsible for the status reporting, program estimating, monthly cost accounting and vendor invoice processing
· Develops and/or monitors vendor deliverables in compliance with binding statements of work
ROLE SPECIFIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
· Experience with driving/managing large infrastructure projects including data center builds, data center migration, IT construction, and decommissioning projects.
· Experience leading large cross-functional teams made of vendor and full-time resources.
· High-level knowledge of data center operations, construction management, compute, storage, and networking technologies.
· High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Project
· High-level of proficiency using Microsoft SharePoint
Alabama Power provides the valuable combination of competitive prices, reliable electricity supply and unparalleled service to 1.4 million homes, businesses and industries in the southern two-thirds of Alabama123.
SouthernLINC Wireless is the wireless communication service from Southern Company which combines multiple communication services into one handset or installed device, including Instant LINC two-way radio, phone service, numeric and text messaging, and wireless data and Internet access. SouthernLINC Wireless operates in the Southeast and targets businesses, government and Southern Company subsidiaries.
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Georgia Power is the largest electric subsidiary of Southern Company (NYSE: SO), America's premier energy company. Value, Reliability, Customer Service and Stewardship are the cornerstones of the Company's promise to 2.6 million customers in all but four of Georgia's 159 counties. Committed to delivering clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy at rates below the national average, Georgia Power maintains a diverse, innovative generation mix that includes nuclear, coal and natural gas, as well as renewables such as solar, hydroelectric and wind. Georgia Power focuses on delivering world-class service to its customers every day and the Company is consistently recognized by J.D. Power and Associates as an industry leader in customer satisfaction. For more information, visit www.GeogiaPower.com and connect with the Company on Facebook ( Facebook.com/GeorgiaPower ), Twitter ( Twitter.com/GeorgiaPower ) and Instagram ( Instagram.com/ga_power ).
Mississippi Power a subsidiary of Southern Company, serves southeast Mississippi. We have a history of customer and community service, economic development leadership, environmental stewardship and employee involvement.
Southern Nuclear's top priority is the safety and health of the public, our employees and the environment. We are committed to the safe operation of our nuclear generating facilities with equipment and systems that meet strict Nuclear Regulatory Commission safety and design regulations. Each Southern Nuclear employee is committed to instilling Institute for Nuclear Power Operations' "Principles for a Strong Nuclear Safety Culture" in every aspect of their responsibilities.
Southern Power , a subsidiary of Southern Company, is a leading U.S. wholesale energy provider meeting the electricity needs of municipalities, electric cooperatives, investor-owned utilities and other energy customers. Southern Power and its subsidiaries own 47 facilities operating or under construction in 11 states with more than 12,800 MW of generating capacity in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Oklahoma and Texas.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is a leading energy company serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries as of Jan. 1, 2019. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in three states, natural gas distribution companies in four states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America, a leading distributed energy infrastructure company, a fiber optics network and telecommunications services . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices below the national average. For more than a century, we have been building the future of energy and developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, advanced carbon capture technologies, natural gas, renewables, energy efficiency and storage technology. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation and a low-carbon future, Southern Company and its subsidiaries develop the customized energy solutions our customers and communities require to drive growth and prosperity. Our uncompromising values ensure we put the needs of those we serve at the center of everything we do and govern our business to the benefit of our world. Our corporate culture and hiring practices have been recognized nationally by the U.S. Department of Defense, G.I. Jobs magazine, DiversityInc, Black Enterprise, Forbes and the Women's Choice Award. To learn more, visit www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Alabama-Metro Birmingham/Eastern AL-Birmingham
Operating Company: Southern Company Services
Other Locations: Georgia-Metro Atlanta-Atlanta
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
The Energy Center - 3535 Colonnade Parkway (3535Birmingham)
3535 Colonnade Parkway
Georgia Power Headquarters - 241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE (241ATLANTA)
241 Ralph McGill Blvd. NE
Req ID: SCS2011479