Southern Company Crane Specialist in Bucks, Alabama
This job can be filled as a Crane Specialist I or II based on skills and experience of candidate. This position is responsible for the inspection, repair, and maintenance of overhead cranes and hoists for power plants and Division operations for Alabama Power Company and Southern Company. Individual will be responsible for billing of services and documentation.
Extensive travel required; call-out availability required for weekend and after-hour work.
• High school graduate or equivalent preferred
• Candidate must have at least 3 years of current service technician experience with overhead cranes up to 250 tons.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Candidate must have a strong background in electrical components and electronic circuits of the type in the operation of overhead cranes.
• Candidate must have strong mechanical background dealing with overhead cranes.
• Candidate must possess certification requirements for overhead crane inspections.
• Candidate must have good interpersonal skills and be able to address and work with management and covered employees.
• Good oral, written, and computer skills required and the ability to organize and schedule work independently.
• Knowledge of OSHA and ANSI regulations relating to the industrial environment is necessary in this job.
• Excellent leadership skills and strong decision making skills are required for this position.
The successful candidate must be team oriented, customer focus, flexible, innovative, cooperative, committed to the Southern Style. Must possess mature judgment, a positive enthusiastic attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
Alabama Power provides the valuable combination of competitive prices, reliable electricity supply and unparalleled service to 1.4 million homes, businesses and industries in the southern two-thirds of Alabama.
With 4.4 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of generating capacity, Atlanta-based Southern Company (NYSE: SO ) is the premier energy company serving the Southeast. A leading U.S. producer of electricity, Southern Company owns Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Nuclear, Southern Power, SouthernLINC Wireless and Southern Telecom. Southern Company also has a growing competitive generation company. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and retail electric prices below the national average. Southern Company is consistently listed among the top U.S. electric service providers in customer satisfaction by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI).
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Fleet & Automotive Services
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Alabama-Mobile Area-Bucks
Operating Company: Alabama Power Company
Other Locations: Alabama-Mobile Area-Mobile
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 75 % of the Time
Union Covered: No
APC - Plant Barry - 15300 Highway 43 North (15300BUCKS)
15300 Highway 43 North
Req ID: APC2007249