Southern Company Technician,Permit in Doral, Florida
Complete, submit and track various municipal permits for all construction functions requiring permits for Florida City Gas Company. Process residential, commercial and support construction packages.
Representative Duties and Responsibilities:
• Submit for and/or receive from various municipalities permit applications for all construction functions requiring permits for Florida City Gas Company.
• Maintains Permit Application Log – log in submittal date; log in approved dated, received date, etc.
• Travel to various municipalities to drop off/pick up approved permits.
• Maintain safe driving record
• Develop strong relations with municipal contacts and promote expedited permitting processes
• Make copies of approved permit and forward to Requestor.
• Enter permit information to WIMS or make sure permit information is in WMS
• Receive completed permits from field/contractor and close out with the municipality.
• Follow up within 3 weeks of expiration date to obtain status of permit; i.e., is work on-going on permit, does permit need to be extended/renewed, is permit being worked on, etc.
• Follow up on all outstanding contracts and permission letters so job packages can be issued to contractor
• Obtain property owner signatures for permit applications
• Process new residential requests in WMIS and Gas Request applications
• Create job packages for contractor and forward drawings to other departments
• Other job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED
Equivalent academic education and experience
• Microsoft Word - Basic Proficiency
• Microsoft Excel - Basic Proficiency
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Attention to Details
• Microsoft Word - Intermediate Proficiency
• Microsoft Excel - Intermediate Proficiency
• Microsoft Access - Basic Proficiency
• Microsoft PowerPoint - Basic Proficiency
• Valid Driver's License
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
Day travel - several times/week
Southern Company Gas provides for the energy needs of millions of U.S. households and businesses. As the largest natural gas-only distribution company in the United States, with more than 150 years of history behind us, we're working to ensure that Americans have access to an abundant, safely delivered supply of natural gas for decades to come. We offer our customers a wide range of energy services under one umbrella: seven regulated utilities as well as non-regulated businesses that offer retail, wholesale and storage services.
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America's premier energy company, with 46,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million customers through its subsidiaries . The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric operating companies in four states, natural gas distribution companies in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a nationally recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications . Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America's energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top energy companies in Fortune's annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Field: Construction
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Florida-Metro Miami-Doral
Operating Company: Florida City Gas
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Union Covered: No
City Gas Company of Florida (4045Doral)
4045 NW 97th Avenue
Req ID: GAS2001071