Southern Company Application Engineer in Durham, North Carolina
Durham, NC •Distributed Infrastructure (DI)
MUST HAVE POWER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS EXPERIENCE AND A MINIMUM OF 5 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE AS AN ELECTRICAL CONSULTANT OR APPLICATION ENGINEER.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Application Engineer to join our team located in Durham, NC. As a member of the Applications Engineering team, you serve as the technical resource contact for the Distributive Infrastructure (DI) sales team in pre-sales and early contract project assembly verifications of project scope, costing application and client design intent. Also, you will be involved with the project post-sale as a system technical resource to the project management team. You will be assigned to DI turn-key, equipment-only, and one-off specialty projects. Performance success will be measured on accurate and effective Application Engineering project support resulting in well-defined awarded projects.
What do you need for this position?
• Ability to develop concept drawings sets (Electrical One-line Diagrams, Site Layouts, etc.)
• Strong Commercial and Industrial Electrical power systems knowledge
• Code Interpretation and Application (NEC, NFPA, IBC, etc.)
• Review of specifications, drawings or customer requests to determine project scope, schedule, specifications, risk, and all technical delivery requirements
• Power system modeling (fault, coordination, arc flash) in SKM a plus
• Perform as an expert resource for general product specifications, application – customization discussions and inquiries.
• Be familiar with the sales process, strategic goals, and project delivery process requirements
• Be a technical liaison for the Sales team
• Work closely with sales staff, engineering and manufacturing leads to ensure complete and shared project understanding
• Assist sales in the development of project scope, schedule, risk management ID, and project information management
• Confirm client solutions design accuracy with sales and translate this project application design review accurately to estimating, engineering, manufacturing, and operations
• Post sale engineering project management
• Inverter-based energy storage and solar experience a plus
PowerSecure is a leading provider of advanced energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers. PowerSecure provides energy solutions in the areas of distributed energy infrastructure and energy efficiency.
We invest in high-value and cost-effective benefits for our employees. In addition to medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, our benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
• Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
• Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days and Sick Days
• Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
• Wellness Incentive Programs
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an electrical consultant, application engineer or related industry
- Strong CAD skills are required.
- Strong computer software skills
PowerSecure is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other basis prohibited by law.
Operating Company: PowerSecure