Southern Company Power Generation Testing Technician in Durham, North Carolina
Power Generation Testing Technician
Durham, NC •DI - Power Generation Testing
Are you a champion of safety? Are you dependable, as well as thorough and accurate in your work? PowerSecure is looking for our next Power Generation Testing Technician . The primary duties of the Testing Technician at PowerSecure involve:
• Assisting the Testing department in setting up power generation systems for testing,
• Breaking down units after testing
• Closeout of units after testing
• Preparing products for shipment
We are seeking someone who will commit to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following safety procedures. Also, it will be valuable for you to have knowledge of quality inspection, knowledge of diesel engines, be attentive to the small details, and be a solid communicator when discussing issues with peers and leaders.
If selected for this position, you must be able to understand the equipment, the standards, UL file requirements, and general manufacturing practices.
You will be expected to approve finished products by confirming specifications; including proper dimension, joint strength, weld penetration, conformance with work-order specifications, and defects like cracks, spatters, pits, or cold welds.
Accurately documenting inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and inputting data into a database is a critical responsibility of this position. You will also assist with ensuring all non-conforming reports (NCR) are tracked and recorded.
You will have the opportunity to interface with the engineering, manufacturing, and quality departments to ensure quality compliance and continual product improvement.
PowerSecure, a Southern Company subsidiary, is a leading provider of innovative energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers.
We invest in high-value and cost-effective benefits for our employees. Our benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
• Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
• Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days and Sick Days
• Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
• Wellness Incentive Programs
• Employee Referral Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
PowerSecure is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. This position is not open to third party recruiters!
• High School Diploma (Subject to Verification)
• Ability to read and interpret documents, mechanical & electrical drawings, work instructions, and written directions.
• Ability to use the computer and accurately enter information in a database.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to read and communicate in English
Operating Company: PowerSecure