Southern Company SCADA Engineer-Lead in Durham, North Carolina
Durham, NC •DI-Engineering
PowerSecure is looking for a SCADA Engineer-Lead to join our Production Engineering Team in Durham, NC. We’re looking for a SCADA Engineer-Lead who demonstrates curiosity, critical thinking, creativity, effective communication, and a collaborative spirit. We need you to bring your "A game" as an experienced SCADA Engineer - this is not a junior-level role!
As a SCADA Engineer-Lead , you will focus on providing exemplary engineering services for the design and implementation of switchgear SCADA systems. These engineering activities provide professional SCADA and Control System engineering services associated with the design of microgrids such as low and medium voltage switchgear, switchboards, and distributed energy resources (DERs). The Lead SCADA Engineer will also be expected to mentor staff on best practices in the areas of HMI and Network design.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working across many technologies/projects and wants the chance to be a part of a growing, hard-working engineering team. PowerSecure is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best employees. We believe the safety of our employees and customers is paramount. We will perform and maintain every job safely, every day.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical field from an accredited college/university.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in an industrial engineering environment with a focus on SCADA systems
• Proficient with MS Office applications like Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Experience with 2-D CAD software, preferably AutoCAD-LT
• Proficient with industrial automation software packages such as Crimson AND/OR Ignition.
• Working knowledge of networking architecture
• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Experience mentoring other engineers
• Cybersecurity experience would be added plus but not required
PowerSecure, a Southern Company subsidiary, is a leading provider of innovative energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers. PowerSecure provides energy solutions in the areas of distributed energy infrastructure and energy efficiency.
We invest in high-value and cost-effective benefits for our employees. Our benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
• Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
• Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days and Sick Days
• Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
• Wellness Incentive Programs
• Employee Referral Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
PowerSecure is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other basis prohibited by law.
This position is not open to third-party recruiters.
Operating Company: PowerSecure