Southern Company Construction Manager 1 in Durham, United States
Construction Manager 1
Durham, NC (Traveling Position), NC •Distributed Infrastructure (DI)-EPC Operations
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CONSTRUCTION MANAGERS WHO CAN WORK IN GA, FL, TX, and/or CA. THIS IS A TRAVELING POSITION! COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE YOU APPLY.
We are seeking 3 (Three) experienced, energetic Construction Managers to join our growing organization. Travel is required based on the project location predominantly in the United States. Your home base is negotiable!
In this position, you will oversee and allocate resources for several ongoing and upcoming construction projects. Your main focus will be to ensure the installation of equipment is completed safely, on time, within budget, and the specifications of the project. You will represent our company at the project site level, oversee all construction activities, be present for all equipment deliveries, and manage subcontractors and internal resources. While you are managing these responsibilities, we expect you to use solid communication and organizational skills to interface with customers, utility services, and local AHJs.
• High School Diploma AND at least 6 years of experience in construction, energy industries OR college degree in Construction Management with at least 3 years of experience in construction.
• Ability and willingness to travel 70% of the time
• Ability to read and communicate in English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Email, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
• Ability to read and interpret construction documents
• Must be authorized to work in the United States
• Bilingual-is a plus!
Our Construction Manager Must:
• Be punctual, organized, and professional
• Have OSHA 30 training
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of employees
• Have experience in working with General Contractors, subcontractors, customers, utilities, and AHJ’s
• Possess knowledge of construction management, construction process, and budget acumen
• Have the ability to identify and manage priorities with urgency, while maintaining high quality and customer service
PowerSecure, a Southern Company subsidiary, is a leading provider of innovative energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers.
We invest in high-value and cost-effective benefits for our employees. Our benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage
• Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
• Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days and Sick Days
• Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
• Wellness Incentive Programs
• Employee Referral Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
PowerSecure is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other basis prohibited by law. This position is not open to third party recruiters!
Operating Company: PowerSecure