Southern Company Construction Sr. Project Manager in Washington, United States
Construction Sr. Project Manager
Washington, DC area, VA •Distributed Infrastructure (DI)-Mission Critical
Calling all DATA CENTER Construction Sr. Project Managers-WE NEED YOU!
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior Project Manager to join our team in Ashburn, VA!
You must have a minimum of 10 years of commercial/Data Center construction experience. You will be responsible for the day-to day execution, project controls, project engineering, budgeting, risk management and business management of multi-million dollar construction projects. You will work closely with all members of the project and executive team.
• Managing all business aspects of multiple concurrent projects and ensuring financial targets are met while maintaining established quality standards.
• Actively maintaining customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and quality of service
• Management of all project team members (project managers, project coordinators and superintendents).
• Mentor, develop and train project managers, assistant project managers, project coordinators for fast-paced growth.
• Knowledge of the construction process and understand the specifications and field labor, as well as knowledge of the project management process and principles of scheduling and estimating
• 100% detailed/hands-on knowledge of project scope, including buyouts and negotiations.
• Cost control/billings/collections/change management/cash flows/monthly status reports.
• Key point of contact with owner and architect on the project level
• Challenge and support jobsite and self-perform work team.
• Accountable for project completion and financials, critical success factors, and customer satisfaction results.
• Must understand the commissioning and close out processes as it pertains to Mission Critical.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering , or other relevant field OR 15 years of relevant commercial construction management experience in lieu of a degree
• 10+ years of experience in commercial construction, preferably data center experience
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing projects and supervising teams.
• Ability to travel (up to 50%)
• Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (IFS or similar), and scheduling software (Microsoft Project, Primavera or similar).
PowerSecure is a leading provider of advanced energy solutions to electric utilities and their industrial, institutional, and commercial customers. (www.powersecure.com).
We invest in high-value and cost-effective benefits for our employees. In addition to medical, dental, vision and life insurance coverage, our benefits package includes:
• Competitive pay and a matching 401 (k) plan
• Vacation, Company Holidays, Personal Days and Sick Days
• Flexible spending accounts/Health savings account
• Wellness Incentive Programs
PowerSecure is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other basis prohibited by law.
Operating Company: PowerSecure