Southern Company Electrical Project Superintendent in Washington, United States
Electrical Project Superintendent
Washington, DC area, VA •EES
PowerSecure is seeking an Electrical Project Superintendent to oversee all aspects of the planning, implementation, and completion of infrastructure upgrades, expansions, and new construction for mission critical projects in Ashburn, VA. You will be on-site to monitor activities of work crews, ensure progress and safety, and oversee quality control testing. Strong supervisory experience is a requirement.
• Managing mid-sized to large projects of twenty five (25) or more persons, sometimes in excess of fifty (50).
• Oversee the installation of critical power systems in operating facilities or inspect and repair of critical power systems in an existing building.
• Develop project schedules and daily work plans
• Ability to plan appropriate resources and personnel for large scale projects
• Manage, evaluate and train field project team members.
• Plan, organize and direct production of contracted scope of work.
• Build and maintain relationships with customers, inspectors and other trades.
• Ensure all installations meet quality and electrical code standards.
• Manage material and personnel requirements necessary to meet schedule.
• Participation in Commissioning and validation of completed facilities.
• Must have High School Diploma or GED
• Skilled field supervisor with at least 10 years of experience managing crews and running multi-million dollar electrical construction projects; Data Center projects preferred.
• Must have an active Journeyman or Master Electrician license.
• Proficient knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), local codes and construction safety requirements.
• Must have an intermediate level of computer and writing skills.
• Coach, mentor and train field personnel, foremen, and assistant superintendents
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Proficient with the development of project schedules and methods of procedures (MOP’s) on the detailed planning of project implementation.
• Provide drawing, constructability, submittal reviews, and feedback with the engineering team, verifying that the quality of materials, equipment, and workmanship conforms to the specifications and updates of the contract documents
• Supervise and ensure quality control of work team, including self-performed and subcontracted work
Operating Company: PowerSecure