Southern Company Organizational Effectiveness Manager - Plant Vogtle 3&4 in Waynesboro, Georgia
Organizational Effectiveness Manager - Plant Vogtle 3&4
ORGANIZATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS (OR) MANAGER – PLANT VOGTLE 3&4
Southern Nuclear, a subsidiary of Southern Company, manages and operates six nuclear power electric generating plants that provide approximately 20 percent of the electricity used in Alabama and Georgia. Southern Nuclear is leading the nuclear renaissance by building the first new U.S. nuclear reactors in more than 25 years. When completed, the two Westinghouse AP1000 reactors currently under construction at Plant Vogtle will make the facility the largest in the U.S. with four reactors on one site. This is an exciting time to join the Southern Company team and share your talents with a growing and progressive organization!
Management reserves the right to exclude job applicants who are currently employed by contractors and vendors supporting the construction of Vogtle units 3 and 4. Due to the scope and breadth of the Vogtle 3&4 construction project, candidates currently employed by Southern Company/Southern Nuclear construction vendors may not be considered at this time.
The Organizational Effectiveness (OR) Manager is a key member of the V3&4 Operational Readiness Leadership Team and is relied upon for the development, management, and support of organizational effectiveness strategy, programs, processes and metrics to achieve positive business outcomes. The OR Manager will provide guidance in the areas of action planning, culture and change management, project planning, safety culture, operational focus and other leader and team effectiveness initiatives.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Development and implementation of the Vogtle 3&4 OR strategy
• Accurately diagnose root causes of critical organizational issues and provide objective, practical, data-driven solutions that are sustainable.
• Develop and deliver sound, persuasive business cases for change that result in leadership action.
• Actively participate on cross-functional teams as a subject matter expert in change management, organization design, performance management, or employee engagement.
• Provide feedback, insights and recommendations from observations on leadership and teamwork effectiveness
• Conduct assessments and uses data to provide consultation on organizational effectiveness interventions that will close gaps from current to desired future state.
• Prepare for OR management review meetings; support fleet OR assessment visits.
• Ensure strategic organizational alignment with HR and Talent Management.
• Support the preparation and organization of the Nuclear Safety Review Board.
• Lead the site in preparation for INPO evaluation and assessments and subsequent follow up actions
• Stay on top of industry trends, strengths and areas for improvement in OR.
This position will also serve as a part of the SNC OR peer team supporting the fleet in implementing initiatives that impact business operations from a leadership and teamwork perspective.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Organizational Behavior, Organizational Development, Organizational Development, Industrial Psychology or other related degree required.
• 5-7 years of experience in organizational effectiveness, organizational development, industrial psychology or related experience in a large, diverse corporate culture.
• Previous management experience preferred
• Previous experience working in a nuclear power plant, highly desired for the following reasons:
• Industry knowledge of INPO PO&Cs and other effectiveness tools.
• Experience compiling PIC data and reporting other INPO metrics.
• Experience with assist visits, benchmarking, and being a host peer.
• Solid knowledge of organizational effectiveness and leadership and teamwork attributions and practices.
• Demonstrated ability to critically analyze, interpret and apply diversified and complex information to improve performance.
• Demonstrated ability to direct, manage, plan and organize work in a cost-effective manner. Demonstrated success in key leadership competencies.
• Exceptional project management skill set with ability to manage multiple projects, with multiple clients simultaneously with great success.
• Experience working with key leaders to resolve issues and engage in the business
• Proven effectiveness in building strong relationships with leaders and individual contributors at all levels
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is America’s premier energy company, with 44,000 megawatts of generating capacity and 1,500 billion cubic feet of combined natural gas consumption and throughput volume serving 9 million electric and gas utility customers through its subsidiaries. The company provides clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy through electric utilities in four states, natural gas distribution utilities in seven states, a competitive generation company serving wholesale customers across America and a national recognized provider of customized energy solutions, as well as fiber optics and wireless communications. Southern Company brands are known for excellent customer service, high reliability and affordable prices that are below the national average. Through an industry-leading commitment to innovation, Southern Company and its subsidiaries are inventing America’s energy future by developing the full portfolio of energy resources, including carbon-free nuclear, 21st century coal, natural gas, renewables and energy efficiency, and creating new products and services for the benefit of customers. Southern Company has been named by the U.S. Department of Defense and G.I. Jobs magazine as a top military employer, recognized among the Top 50 Companies for Diversity by DiversityInc, listed by Black Enterprise magazine as one of the 40 Best Companies for Diversity and designated a Top Employer for Hispanics by Hispanic Network. The company has earned a National Award of Nuclear Science and History from the National Atomic Museum Foundation for its leadership and commitment to nuclear development and is continually ranked among the top utilities in Fortune’s annual World's Most Admired Electric and Gas Utility rankings. Visit our website at www.southerncompany.com.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Job Type: Standard
Primary Location: Georgia-East Georgia-Waynesboro
Operating Company: Southern Nuclear Operating Co
Job Type: Standard
Travel (Up to...): Yes, 25 % of the Time
Plant Vogtle 3 & 4 - 7825 River Road (7825WAYNESBORO)
7825 River Road
Req ID: SNC2005950